Tax Information

IRS Annual Notice Electronic Filing Instructions

Local CTAs earning less than $50,000 per year are now required to annually file the IRS form 990-N (see e-Postcard below). This must be done by Nov. 15 each year. This online process takes only a few minutes. This must be done online, as no paper form exists.

If your local CTA earns more than $50,000 per year, please contact Gail Willis McCray at MSTA at 800-392-0532 for assistance in filing the appropriate form.

To file your e-postcard you will need the following:

  • Your Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). This number is issued by the federal government and is kind of like a Social Security number for a business. It should be for your local CTA, not the school district or any other organization. If you do not have an EIN, click here for directions.
  • Your tax year will depend on the year in which you’re filing. For example, July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013, and then the next year would be July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014.
  • The legal name and mailing address for your CTA. This should be the name in your bylaws or constitution and should mirror the name on your CTA’s banking account.
  • Any other names the CTA uses.
  • Name and address of a principal officer.
  • Your Web site address (if applicable).
  • You should have confirmed that your CTA’s annual gross receipts are normally $50,000 or less.

To file your 990N e-postcard:

Visit Bunker Hill in 2019
Last updated by Todd Fuller on August 31, 2018
Was this article useful?22