Congratulations, MSTA member Rebecca Wynne! The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) has announced that seven educators have advanced as finalists for the 2021 Missouri Teacher of the Year award.
Those finalists include:
- Ashlyn Brantley, Platte Co. R-III – physical education, Platte County High School
- Darrion Cockrell, Lindbergh Schools – physical education, Crestwood Elementary
- Cathy Farrar, Rockwood R-VI – science, Marquette High School
- Clarence Hines, Special School District – criminal justice, North Technical High School
- Armando Johnson, Springfield R-XII – Spanish, Central High School
- Matthew Ketteman, Lee’s Summit R-VII – music, Longview Farm Elementary
- Rebecca Wynne, Maryville R-II – STEM, Maryville Middle School
The winner, finalists, semifinalists and Regional Teachers of the Year will be honored during a recognition event on October 15. The new Missouri Teacher of the Year will serve as the state’s nominee for the 2021 National Teacher of the Year.