Our final selection for our summer book club is Master the Media by Julie Smith. Master the Media is a non-academic resource for parents and teachers on how to teach media literacy.
Smith has focused on media literacy since 1997, and she currently teaches at Webster University and Southern Illinois-Edwardsville.
She has several media literacy resources available on her website, heyjuliesmith.com, including:
- Her podcast, Digital Truth, where she interviews educators and others on how to teach media literacy
- Links to Livebinder pages on media literacy and web tools for verifying online information
- A list of “fake news” resources for teachers
- A list of fake news sites to avoid
- A list of articles where Smith is interviewed on media literacy
Sign up for MSTA book club updates before Fri., Aug. 11 to be entered to receive a free copy of Master the Media. If you are already signed up, you are entered to win.