MSTA/Northwest Region has established a $400.00 scholarship for a student teacher in the Northwest Region who is a member of Student MSTA. The member must be currently signed up for student teaching experience and planning to do so in a Northwest Region school during the 2018-19 school year. Applicants MUST BE CURRENT S-MSTA MEMBERS. The scholarship will be sent to the selected educator to help defray the costs of the student teaching experience. Deadline is February 1st.
This scholarship will be based on:
1. Completed application.
2. Signed recommendation letter from either a professor or academic advisor.
3. Signed recommendation letter from cooperating teacher.
4. Most current college transcript with GPA of at least 3.0
5. Show a need for financial assistance.
1. Any unforeseen necessity for a lengthy absence during the required teaching period, such as illness or accident, must be communicated immediately to the Secretary of the Northwest Region Teachers Association. Due consideration will be given to excuse the absence from teaching, according to the circumstances.
2. Each candidate must complete and submit the current application below.
Scholarship recipients will be chosen and notified by March 15th.