MSTA Leadership Conference
Where MSTA Leaders Meet
July 20-21, 2020
The 2020 MSTA Leadership Conference is designed for and presented to local and aspiring MSTA/Community Teacher Association (CTA) leaders working in school districts ranging in size from less than 500 students to over 25,000 students. This event also serves Student MSTA leaders engaged in teacher education programs on more than 40 Missouri higher education campuses.
Nearly 500 MSTA leaders attend this conference to learn more about MSTA and their leadership position. Participants leave the conference recharged and energized from the opportunity to collaborate with other Missouri leaders in a fun and relaxing environment.
The Leadership Conference Experience
MSTA provides relevant learning experiences, essential tools, and networking opportunities that will make our leaders and their local CTA more successful. Our over-arching goal is providing attendees with strategies to support successful membership recruitment and increase member satisfaction by connecting CTA members and leaders with MSTA services, benefits, and resources.
MSTA is interested in YOUR expertise for the 2020 Leadership Conference. We are seeking session presenters to train and inform leaders in member recruitment strategies, using technology to simplify communication and leadership responsibilities, and help their MSTA member-colleagues get the most out of their membership. The following are core objectives MSTA requires for all session proposals that are reviewed and approved by MSTA staff:
- Relevant content for both veteran and new or potential leaders that will stretch their thinking and offer new approaches
- Content which is delivered in an engaging way that draws on the experience of the attendees
- Application exercises that involve the participants
- Examples of real success (and lessons learned from failures)
- Practical tools that can be applied immediately in their organizations.
Leadership Conference Topic Ideas
Our goal is to offer attendees the knowledge and tools to be more effective in their MSTA leadership role. Through the Leadership Conference experience, we will increase membership and member engagement by providing new ideas and activities, thus fashioning successful leaders and making CTAs more successful. Since many participants will be returning attendees, most session content will go beyond the basics. We appreciate and welcome a wide variety of creative proposals in order to find the best-of-the-best.
Based on participant feedback, these topics appeal to our audience:
- Membership recruitment
- Membership engagement
- Time management
- Work/Life balance
- Technology/Database Management
Submission and Selection Process
The deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, December 13, 2019. All proposals must be submitted using the online form below. Upon submitting a proposal, you will receive a confirmation for your records. A team of MSTA staff members will review each session proposal and make selections.
You will be notified by January 14, 2020 of the status of your proposal. Proposals will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- How is the topic relevant to the audience?
- Engaging presentation style(s) to present new ideas or innovative approaches.
- How will the session meet the needs of the audience?
- How will the session engage participants?
- Can participants easily implement session ideas?
If Your Proposal Is Selected
Each session (not necessarily presenters when multiple) will receive:
- $50 per session for each session the topic is offered
- One hotel room night and all conference-related meals
- Roundtrip mileage reimbursement at the rate of $0.50 per mile.