SUBMISSIONS HAVE CLOSED – The 2019 MSTA convention will be November 14-15 at the Holiday Inn Executive Center in Columbia, Mo. Presenters will receive an honorarium of $100 per session, unless a projector is required. If MSTA provides a projector, the honorarium is $50. Mileage is reimbursed, and lodging will be provided if needed. Breakout sessions can be one hour or two hours to allow for deeper learning. Tentative breakout times are: Nov. 14 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. and 4:45 – 5:45 p.m.; Nov. 15 from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Proposals are suggested but not limited to the following topics:
- Behavior Management
- Best practices for classroom teachers teaching students with special needs
- Best practices for ELL/Migrant students
- Brain-Based Teaching and Learning
- Cooperative Learning
- Differentiated Instruction
- Engagement of learners
- Flipped Classrooms
- Google Classroom
- Lesson Design
- Missouri Learning Standards
- Positive Behavior Supports (PBS)
- Project Based Learning
- Response to Intervention (RtI)
- Standards-Based Grading
- Standard-Based Teaching and Learning
- Teacher Evaluation
- Technology Integration
- Trauma-Informed Teaching
- 21st Century Learning
- Understanding by Design (UbD)
Submission and Selection Process
The deadline for submitting proposals is May 10. All proposals must be submitted using the online form on the MSTA website. You will receive a confirmation for your records after you submit the form. A group of educators will review each session proposal. Presenters will be notified by June 30 of the status of your proposal. Submit a separate form for each presentation topic
Proposals will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- How the content adds value to instruction?
- How the content impacts student learning?
- How the content enhances educator acumen?
- How the content aligns to the Missouri Teacher Standards?
- How the content aligns to School Improvement Plans?