Editor’s Note: This is a guest post from Elaine Schlett, Grandview R-2 Online Summer School Coordinator about free online learning this summer.
Do you have middle or high school students interested in taking an advanced-level course or other courses your school doesn’t offer? Do you have students who need to recover credits in order to stay on track to graduate? The Missouri Online Summer Institute or “MOSI” can help.
The virtual summer school, hosted by Grandview R-2 School District, gives students FREE access to a diverse catalog of rigorous online courses from Fuel Education – and there is still time to enroll! Enrollment is open until Monday, July 2 and students can access the courses until Friday, July 20.
MOSI offers more than 125 Fuel Education online courses, including:
- Required elective courses such as Physical Education, Fine Art, and Personal Finance
- Career-Technical Education courses to explore Agriculture, Health Sciences, Hospitality, and STEM career pathways
- Language Arts courses such as English I-IV Credit Recovery courses, Creative Writing, and Mythology and Folklore
- Math courses such as Algebra and Geometry Credit Recovery courses, Accounting, and Calculus
- Science courses including Chemistry and Earth Science Credit Recovery courses, Forensic Science, and Astronomy
- Social Studies courses such as American and World History Credit Recovery courses, Psychology, and Contemporary World Issues
- World Languages courses such as Mandarin Chinese, French, and Latin
- Elective courses such as Driver’s Safety, Real World Parenting, and Veterinary Science
- Core subject and art courses for middle school students
Students can also sign up for MOSI’s first Business and IT Boot Camp this summer, which includes online courses on C++, HTML5, Digital Arts, Web Design, and Microsoft Suite proficiency. The three-week program will be offered in two sessions: one in June and one in July.
Why choose MOSI?
The online courses provide flexibility for students to complete their courses wherever and whenever they choose. With MOSI, students can:
- Recover credits or attend summer school
- Get ahead so they can pursue dual enrollment or internship opportunities during the year
- Access courses that their home district may not offer
To learn more about MOSI or to enroll, visit www.mosummerschool.org.