By now you have probably seen the results of our Best Year Ever collaborative board. We’ve created a printable scaled-down version that you can use in your classroom or with your colleagues. This version is designed to fit on a 3’x4′ foam board. You can find these at many craft or office supply stores.
Show us your Best Year Ever boards
Are you doing a collaborative board with your classroom or CTA? We’d love to see the results. Please send any photos to Kara Potter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To do the activity, download and print:
- The background grid
- One set of 64 goal cards. The cards come in two versions:
- One 4.5″ x 5.5″ card per sheet. This is ideal if you are using an outside printer to print the cards. The marks and bleeds will keep you from having a white frame on the edge of the images.
- Four to an 8.5″ x 11″ page. This is easier if you are printing them yourself, but be aware that each sheet will print with a thin white border around the edge. These cards have a thin line showing where to cut out the individual cards.
Once you have everything printed, glue the grid sheets onto the foam board. This version will have eight rows and eight columns, and there will be some blank space on the edges of the foam board.
If necessary, cut out the goal cards. Distribute the cards to students or staff, ask them to share a goal, and then tape the card to its designated spot on the grid.
Things to consider:
- It’s a good idea to have a backup copy of the cards in case one goes missing or is damaged. This will keep you from having a hole in the middle of your image.
- Test your pens and tape ahead of time. Not all pens write well on printed pages, and you want to be sure that your tape is sticky and durable enough to stay put.
- Eliminate bottlenecks by having more than one set of pens and tape available.
For additional questions, contact Kara Potter at email@example.com.
Order a kit from MSTA
Skip a few steps by ordering a kit from MSTA. Complete the form below and we will send you 64 printed cards. You will still need to provide the foam board and print the grid. We’ll bill you $7, which includes shipping costs.