Question of the Week: What would help you better do your job?

2018-06-22T11:46:28+00:00 June 6th, 2018|Categories: From Our Members|13 Comments

Many of you have told us you are spending some of your summer in professional development courses, pursuing additional degrees and attending conferences. We want to know, what additional training or education would help you better do your job? Tell us by Tuesday, June 12 at 11:59 p.m. and you’ll be entered into a drawing for an MSTA prize!

AT&T supports MO teachers by offering them a significant discount.

13 Comments

1. Debbie Kastning June 6, 2018 at 12:24 pm - Reply

At our school we could really use training on Dyslexia and the new law concerning Dyslexia.

2. Seth Brummond June 6, 2018 at 1:15 pm - Reply

I think the best training I’ve had during a Summer PD event was one were as a staff we got together after the PD event in the day and grilled out in the evening. It was a great bonding experience and we were able to relax, but still talk about the day’s events. I love summer grilling!

3. Shannon Berghoff June 6, 2018 at 3:38 pm - Reply

I would love training on restorative justice/practices!

4. Melody Cochran June 6, 2018 at 4:00 pm - Reply

We are implementing Guided Reading so the best training for me would be a Guided Reading conference for upper elementary. I teach 6th grade and currently use small group novel studies. I have three different novels going in my classroom at once and would love to make sure to keep that while also following Guided Reading.

5. James Bouslaugh June 6, 2018 at 4:54 pm - Reply

I am taking online classes and pursuing my Specialist’s Degree in Educational Leadership/certification for Special Education Director.

6. Melvin Oberhaus June 6, 2018 at 6:32 pm - Reply

More regarding trauma informed classroom, teaching students from poverty and helping students with mental health issues.

7. Paula June 6, 2018 at 7:40 pm - Reply

Question of the Week-
    Social Emotional Learning and Behavior Management for troubled children.

8. Amy Fiene June 7, 2018 at 6:10 am - Reply

Technology! How to incorporate it with the classroom to engage students in learning.

9. Tiffany Daly June 7, 2018 at 6:12 am - Reply

I am working on my Masters in Curriculum and Instruction! I am also working with a team of other teachers in my building to rework our RTI time during the school year.

10. Audrey Yates June 7, 2018 at 9:02 am - Reply

More technology training would help me be more successful in my classroom.

11. Lynn Bachman June 11, 2018 at 9:22 am - Reply

Positive Behavior Supports for emotional regulation strategies are an area of interest. I listened to a blog interview with Leah Kuypers on her Zones of Regulation book and curriculum. Very interesting!

12. Joanne Kincaid June 11, 2018 at 10:20 am - Reply

Creating assessments to match the new MLEs to help students be prepared for the MAP test and EOCs.

13. Brenda Johnston June 12, 2018 at 7:58 pm - Reply

I need more training on how to help students with dyslexia.