A quick review if you are considering filing a grievance:
- Read your board policies on grievance procedures. (Note: There may be a separate policy for grieving harassment and discrimination claims.)
- Consider if your situation meets the definition of “grievance” — usually a violation, misinterpretation or misapplication of policy, procedure, handbook, rule or law.
- Study the procedural timelines.
- Gather sufficient information to support your position.
- Contact your MSTA field service representative or call the MSTA Legal Services Department at (800) 392-0532.