The 2018 MSTA convention will be November 8 – 9 at the Holiday Inn Executive Center in Columbia, Mo. Presenters will receive an honorarium of $100 per hour, unless a projector is required. If MSTA provides a projector, the honorarium is $50. Mileage is reimbursed, and lodging will be provided if needed. Breakout sessions can be one hour, two hours, or a four-hour block to allow for deeper learning. Tentative breakout times are: Nov. 8 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. and 4:45 – 5:45 p.m.; Nov. 9 from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Submit your proposal here.
Proposals are suggested but not limited to the following topics:
- Behavior Management
- Best practices for classroom teachers teaching students with special needs
- Best practices for ELL/Migrant students
- Brain-Based Teaching and Learning
- Cooperative Learning
- Differentiated Instruction
- Engagement of learners
- Flipped Classrooms
- Google Classroom
- Lesson Design
- Missouri Learning Standards
- Positive Behavior Supports (PBS)
- Project Based Learning
- Response to Intervention (RtI)
- Standards-Based Grading
- Standard-Based Teaching and Learning
- Teacher Evaluation
- Technology Integration
- Trauma-Informed Teaching
- 21st Century Learning
- Understanding by Design (UbD)
Submission and Selection Process
The deadline for submitting proposals is August 31. All proposals must be submitted using the online form on the MSTA website. You will receive a confirmation for your records after you submit the form. A group of educators will review each session proposal. We will notify presenters by September 10 if your proposal was chosen. Submit a separate form for each presentation topic.
Proposals will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Does the content add value to instruction?
- Will the content impact student learning?
- Will the content enhance educator acumen?
- Does the content align with the Missouri Teacher Standards?
- Does the content align with School Improvement Plans?
Submit your proposal here.